Could we start a discord?
Lythrox

I know there might be a sea of older members whom are not familiar with discord.

But it's an extremely flexible and live social application. It's a forum website that meets IRC and Skype.

I seriously suggest this community along with Airsoft Canada gets involved with.

If you're all busy enough, would it be cool if I set it up and provided a link to the administration of this website?

[Image: Signature.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017 03:30 PM by Lythrox.)
Lythrox

Ok, I have been given a green light by Marshal to set up the server. For those that have had the opportunity to meet me on the field. I am a very community oriented person. This has always been a place I call home when it comes to airsoft. Even when I didn't really get received well with my first questions, but like most communities you have to promote yourself.

I also have met a few local legends along the way and have tried to be as much of a help as a player on the fields and off. I am also extremely cooperative, life catches up with people and it even did with me for a while. However I am working my way back and trying to help along that path.

So as much as I support the community and it's move to facebook and the original site. I bolster keeping certain topics off of the website. One that typically uses a lot of space is the General section just for simple conversations. As well how dodgy getting a lift can be on the site. I mean I stopped one day for fuel on my way to RDS and I had driven by someone in CP who had got back to me around 11am and I had missed them by 12 minutes. It sucks because you can't see if anyone is responding or receive message notifications along the way.

I want to stress that all normal forums and facebook rules would apply for this mostly chat based extension. With the goal to use the forums to post major topics and use the facebook group to advertise the community more publicly. Airsoft Canada hasn't done something like this yet and the goal is to get the community talking again and make it easier to coordinate rides to fields. With the intent of getting more events promoted and populated.

I have mentioned to Marshal that if there are any questions regarding changes to the discord, that you are interested in, you can contact me via pm's privately, on discord or if you know whom I am on facebook message me. If you're a field manager, or promoted gun tech on the site please contact me only through pms on this site only and I can give you similar access to the discord for talking to the community. Any events that are posted here I will directly link to the discord so you can get updates just by checking you phone or tablet.

Again, each extension of the community has a purpose and this is one that I feel will have a great use for us all.

Hope this helps everyone Smile

Lythrox

With every mention above. As well the point of this is to make it easier to communicate on quick topics easily as saw hello to those in your area quick. This is our space and no one is better than another on it. This a place for tough questions about the sport and providing people with knowledge. It's a place to promote a ride to certain fields and as such it's been divided by counties. Do not by any circumstance down play any field from a personal experience.

It's unfair to the rest of the community and personally if you do have a problem with the field, talk to the owner and their staff. It's not OVA's responsibility to fix your issues with each other. Thank you for listening as such welcome, and here is the permanent link to the discord service. My goal is to get more people out for season openers next year, along with myself.

https://discord.gg/jgwXNQz

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2017 01:30 PM by Lythrox.)
Dom613

As a new player that has never been out yet (but fully intends to do so this coming year), I think its a great idea! Joined the server (name is Kingdom).

Thanks,
Lythrox

Thanks Kingdom.