New to airsoft, looking for MilSim experiences
marko

Hello all,

Thank you for creating and maintaining this airsoft resource.

I was a reservist at one point so I have a particular interest in MilSim type training and events. Looking forward to finding out what is out there and meeting you on the field.
arnold869
Warmongers
Age Verifier
Field Owner

Welcome to the Forum,

Community here is very friendly, don't be afraid to ask question.

[Image: petawawa%20airsoft%20peace%20by%20fire%2...nger_1.jpg]
marko

One quick question while people are coming here:

I have the rifle already but I was wondering what gear I should have for a starter match and what gear should I look to acquire a few matches in when I know what works for me (eg. sidearm, fatigues)
Satchelcharge
9th Legion

Hey Marko,

Received your Email and will be responding shortly. I suggest if you live within the Ottawa area, head on over to OHP this sunday for an impromptu NOOB day hosted by both my team and TEAM BOA. Both are team where planning a simple friend/family fun day, and we are most likely going to join forces for more fun.

OHP Location
5671 3 Line Rd N, Ottawa, ON K0A 2T0

As for gear, based on your Email to me, I would suggest heading over to a local store such as Fightersystem.com located at

114 St-Raymond 2e floor
Gatineau, Qc, J8Y 1S8
Tel.: (819) 205-4263

Get in touch with Danny the owner, he's a great guy with lots of knowledge.

cheers.

[Image: Signature.png]
http://www.9thlegionmilsim.com
marko

Thank you for your feedback, this is a great start!
lurkingknight
Posting Freak

gun

batteries 2-3 so you can swap out during games... especially if you are playing longer milsims.

safety gear... facemask, eyepro.

midcaps... can't really tell you how many you will need, will depend on how good of a marksman you are, how good your gun is set up and how heavy you are on the trigger and what game rules stipulate you can carry. Generally the number falls between 6-10.

Something to carry the mags... vest, plate carrier, chest rig, belt harness... however you want to set it up. Play more, try gear, see what works for you. Gear choice and preference evolves over time. Plate carriers are cool and all but they are the worst in body temp regulation. Chest rights are usually a better choice to keep cooler.

A means to carry water and or food.. Either rig integrated or canteen whatever. Most people carry 1-2L of fluids on them.

Pistol is optional, Cover the necessities first.

radio is recommended for most milsim experiences, sometimes they are not used. I hardly use mine since there's almost always someone hot micing the entire comm channel. I stick to my crew and we generally know what we're supposed to be doing.

camo is up to you, having 2 sets doesn't hurt. predominantly green and predominantly tan. Almost all milsim games separate camo patterns that way. Exact pattern will depend, if you want to join a team outright, then you may be subject to their team choices. Some teams don't care.

What you end up choosing will come with time, you just need to play more. Don't get caught up with joining teams before you choose anything. Play, decide how you are going to play and the team thing usually sorts itself out by itself, or you hook up with a bunch of friends which becomes the nucleus of a team.

Some of these choices can railroad you into high up front costs right away, if it's what you wanted in the first place then the cost would have been that eventually, but if you don't know what you want or need, I feel it's best to find your own way as a freelancer to see what you like and who you like to play with.

I futz with v2s, v3s and v6s
marko

Thanks for that LurkingKnight