Fps and field req vs law
Artilla

Hey Guys, i was just reading up on some of the laws. Its appears that the law requires most airsoft guns to shoot at 366 with .20 as they do resemble real guns. I see some cqb fields set the limit at 350. Would this mean technically we have to use illegal airsoft guns to play there ? Just wanted to hear some diffrent thiughts and angles on this.

Thanks in advance and i look foward to your comments.

"Artilla" Rogue Two airsoft team.
TRMac

Hey Artilla, there's a thread right under this one I think you should read. I hope that helps!

"The perfection have no the gun that lack."
Artilla

Thanks TrMac. I did read the thread. But that dicusses laws and other issues. Im not sure it directly addresses fields setting thier fps at a level that is non legal. Its not a big issue i was just more thinking about it after reading the below article and reviewing the laws. It just seems that fields should atleast keep the fps at a legal level.

Thanks for the reply man!

"Artilla" Rogue Two airsoft team.
joker

i played last winter at airsoft qc and ask theme about that because their fps rule was set higher then 350fps and they said they have to put it at such a hight fps so they can ask for legal airsoft but they would prefer guns at 350

when you see the smile pain will soon follow
lurkingknight
Posting Freak

been a while since I read the exact wording, but I always understood it as illegal to purchase/import under 366, not illegal to own under 366. So once you have a gun that complied with the importation regulation at the time it was imported, it can be lowered and raised without issue.

As I understand it the importation laws do not apply to ownership laws in regards to firearms vs replica. They are imported under one set of rules but enforced in country by another set.

The fact that they are let in is because of a loophole in regulations written in by a memorandum AFTER the fact, after replica firearms laws/regulations were put into the cbsa regulations, so it's a bit of a quagmire when you look at the exact wording of the documents. You can find a lot of crazy loopholes in the firearms laws as well regarding real steel.

The fact of the matter is CBSA tries to prevent potentially dangerous things from entering the country. Once it's in the country, it falls under the jurisdiction of local law enforcement, and they don't care what you do with your airsoft gun as long as it's not running around in public with them or committing a crime with them.

I futz with v2s, v3s and v6s
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2016 06:00 PM by lurkingknight.)