Poll: Would you play a game with minors present?
Yes
No
Other - Please Post
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Minor Games (Mixed)
Weasel

Marty. As a kid i understand your reasoning for not pointing out said indecent. But if a fellow kid was clearly hit bring it up with him after the skrim. there was a time at the lz when i was hit and the guy that hit me was walking by. 4 BBs hit him and bounced into me and he did not call his hit he clearly flinched. The kid you saw would benefit from being told by an older more experienced player the problem with his play so he can aim to change it. thats what i would want

Evan

Don't feel bad. A lot of people have no talent.
MartyK2500

Honnestly everyone i shot did call their hits good, it was nice to see this. It was something else but nothing major, we brought this to PMs.
Weasel

oh, good to hear. people not calling there hits makes me angry but i am always worried its my perspective and the bbs are falling short even when i hit the at 25 ft and they yell OW and dont call it.

Evan

Don't feel bad. A lot of people have no talent.
Zofia
AL

I voted yes and read everyone's post. This is my opinion:
The main reason why i think we should allowed them is that if you dont, they will go on their own and ruin the sport for everyone. What I mean is if I was 15 and I was denied access to the community(both online and on the field), then I would just say F it, ill buy my own gun, organize my own games with my own friends.. see where I am going... Mind as well accept them and teach them correctly how to play the sport.

Now I do agree with the parent or guardian to be present at the field and I love how field owners are specifying if it is an under age event or not. I also like fields that make these events on other days then saturday. That way if you,re not happy with minors, don,t go to the event, end of the story.

My only concern, is admins on the field. ive noticed comparing to last year, there is a lot less admins on the fields which creates misunderstanding and problems. Adding some immaturity in there and it is a recipe for a very frustrating game.
I find most of the problems at the games I went, was the lack of admins. espicially with minors because they tend to have that sense '' no one is watching me'' kinda thing.

I realize this is a fun sport and a lot of people dont want to babysitt etc. But if the game is well structured, with game admins etc kids (and other players) wont have that sense of ''no one is watching me'' and will behave better. and if they dont, kick them out so it doesnt ruin everyones game.

:o)
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2011 08:25 AM by Zofia.)
Gopher
aKa Zachary B Williams

I'm actually friends with those guys that went to your field sgt. Oldbarn. I didnt know that you made exceptions such as that.

Being a minor i have a biased opnion but i do see why adults are cautious when it comes to minors, but i do agree with what Zofia and a few others have said. Im a long standing member in a small group called West Ottawa Airsoft Training, its on facebook, basicly we arrange games for underage players on privately owned land away from public eye, and i have had to tell people before not to play games in public parks. So i understand your caution in terms of how you interact with minors, but i think more interaction will lead to more communication. Which will help minors understand the rules better.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2011 12:50 AM by Gopher.)
Tspoon

I voted yes, (I am 15 so of course I am a little bias). I voted yes because as many have said, if minors aren't accepted on the forums and the fields, they will find other locations to play and very possibly, public places. This will lead to lots of trouble and POSSIBLY airsoft being banned!

This can be avoided if minors can play at private fields. As 'Funk' said earlier on the forum, you don't become responsible the day you turn 18. I think the reason adults are possibly a little iffy on the idea is because they might not want little kids ruining their games. I mean, i wouldn't really want to go airsofting with a 7 year old. However at the airsoft games dedicated to minors that I have attended at the LZ I had a lot of fun and everyone was very mature.

I'm not saying minors should take part in every event, nor should minors games and adults games stay seperate. I think there should be a few mixed games tossed in.

Those are my thoughts,

Pat
domain007

I obviously voted yes because i am 16. But sometimes my parents dont want to sit and wait for me while i play airsoft for X many hours while they sit and do nothing. I think wavier forms signed by parents(with emergency pickup available) are sufficient enough to let someone like me, a minor, on the field.
BARKER

Of course it comes down to the owners of the field as I see what domain is saying. If in fact someone did want to just say waivers and emergency contact are all that is needed the emergency contact person would have to be close by like 10 to 15 minute drive and not a few hours.
arnold869
Warmongers
Age Verifier
Field Owner

(09-28-2011 06:42 PM)domain007 Wrote:  I obviously voted yes because i am 16. But sometimes my parents dont want to sit and wait for me while i play airsoft for X many hours while they sit and do nothing. I think wavier forms signed by parents(with emergency pickup available) are sufficient enough to let someone like me, a minor, on the field.

(09-28-2011 10:03 PM)BARKER Wrote:  Of course it comes down to the owners of the field as I see what domain is saying. If in fact someone did want to just say waivers and emergency contact are all that is needed the emergency contact person would have to be close by like 10 to 15 minute drive and not a few hours.

It's up to the insurance company that covers the field your playing at.
At Petawawa Airsoft I have to follow the guide lines of my Insurance policy, plus I have a petting farm on site to keep your parents entertained, while you play. Tongue

[Image: petawawa%20airsoft%20peace%20by%20fire%2...nger_1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2011 10:28 PM by arnold869.)
DealsDeath

I say yes, because (being a minor myself) I know lots of mature minor's who play and respect the rules and regulation's of Airsoft. I'm also a long standing member of the Facebook group 'West Ottawa Airsoft Training' and the new expansion to the group 'West Ottawa Airsoft'. My point being that all the minor's I know, may they be in this 'Group' or not, are (in my eye's) most definitely mature enough to follow the field rules as well as any pre sentenced rules. for example. having your parent/gaurdian stay for either a short while or the full duration of the game.

"War Doesn't Determine Who Is Right, Only Who Is Left."
- Bertrand Russell

Current Gun: Echo-1 Scar-H V.3, Enchanced Tokio Mauri VSR-10.
arnold869
Warmongers
Age Verifier
Field Owner

(09-29-2011 07:17 PM)DealsDeath Wrote:  I say yes, because (being a minor myself) I know lots of mature minor's who play and respect the rules and regulation's of Airsoft. I'm also a long standing member of the Facebook group 'West Ottawa Airsoft Training' and the new expansion to the group 'West Ottawa Airsoft'. My point being that all the minor's I know, may they be in this 'Group' or not, are (in my eye's) most definitely mature enough to follow the field rules as well as any pre sentenced rules. for example. having your parent/gaurdian stay for either a short while or the full duration of the game.

Rules are goverened by the Insurance Companies, not the field owners.

I'm trying to incorperate more underage games (14 and over) in my calender for next season.

[Image: petawawa%20airsoft%20peace%20by%20fire%2...nger_1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2011 12:31 PM by arnold869.)
critter631
Team 7 ETF

They have been good games so far mike. Maybe have an introductory milsim event for underage players?

SEMPER PRIMUS
Team 7

(08-27-2011 12:20 PM)Lymbo Wrote:  You'll have to excuse critter, he doesn't understand "parents". They hatched him at Pet.

[Image: breach_tactical.png]
DealsDeath

(09-30-2011 05:14 PM)critter631 Wrote:  They have been good games so far mike. Maybe have an introductory milsim event for underage players?

Ironicly it won't be an introductory milsim, we usualy start are airsoft day's with a milsim and end with small skirmish's.

- Bertrand Russell

Chef
Posting Freak

I am fairly certain our definitions of "MILSIM" are different. MILSIM in our world is usually a full day event with medics and re-spawns. The event is made to make the player feel immersed in the tactical environment through any means necessary.

(07-08-2012 04:03 PM)Moderate Wrote:  It'd be like your pharmacist importing cocaine, cutting it, and then selling it to you...it's still illegal.
DealsDeath

I understand the definition of MILSIM but we cannot afford to run a full day MILSIM because people start getting angsty and you know how teenager's get when thier bored and tierd.

- Bertrand Russell