Poll: Would you play a game with minors present?
Yes
No
Other - Please Post
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Minor Games (Mixed)
lurkingknight
Posting Freak

that's a really good idea...
scottthemedic

(09-09-2011 05:56 PM)sgt.Oldbarn Wrote:  Folks, FYI, on my field any minor, under 18, will have a parent or gaurdian present, with wheels, for the duration of the event. Sgt.Oldbarn

Hence why I enjoy playing at your field. You've got all of your ducks in a row :-)

-S

-Scott
[Medic|Photographer|All-around-awesome-guy]
Current - M4 R.I.S.
Previous - M3 Shotgun (R.I.P.!), MP7, G23, M92TM, SR-16 CQB, M4A1, MP5A4
Ghost Nine

My "other" vote is both a yes and no. Many valid points have already been raised that I would have said. So for me, the bottom line is I would only want to play with people that have maturity and sportsmanship regardless of age. Everyone deserves a chance to prove to the community what they are made of.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 04:00 PM by Ghost Nine.)
Gopher
aKa Zachary B Williams

One thing i would like to say is that being a minor, my Parents really dont want to spend X amount of hours at a field just because i want to play with the adults, so i understand why you would want the parents there its just im 17, and my parents have better things to do than sit while i play, so that rule doenst help me at all.
critter631
Team 7 ETF

Not that they need to be there but they need to be able to retrieve there child within a reasonable amount of time barring any unforeseen circumstance

SEMPER PRIMUS
Team 7

(08-27-2011 12:20 PM)Lymbo Wrote:  You'll have to excuse critter, he doesn't understand "parents". They hatched him at Pet.

[Image: breach_tactical.png]
Red Devils Airsoft
Red Devil's Airsoft Field
Field Owner

Well guys, those are my rules. If thats inconvenient then stick with the video games. I am running an airsoft field.

Since I dont charge field fees I cannot afford to run an EMS/ambulance service and daycare center.

Cheers.
Testtube
Admin
OVA Elected Staff
Age Verifier

as forseen minor chips tooth today, parents were kool about it but i think it gave him a scare minors should wear face protection.
graff

agreed. minors should be required to wear full face protection. it only takes one parent who isnt cool with their kid chipping or loosing a tooth to negatively affect airsoft. if you are 18+ and choose not to wear face protection that is your prerogative.

i would venture a guess that the majority of players do not wear face protection more from a looks standpoint as well as a "it wont happen to me" mentality then anything else.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2011 12:56 AM by graff.)
Chef
Posting Freak

(09-12-2011 12:51 AM)graff Wrote:  agreed. minors should be required to wear full face protection. it only takes one parent who isnt cool with their kid chipping or loosing a tooth to negatively affect airsoft. if you are 18+ and choose not to wear face protection that is your prerogative.

i would venture a guess that the majority of players do not wear face protection more from a looks standpoint as well as a "it wont happen to me" mentality then anything else.

I couldn't agree more. I have lost a tooth and I can say up until that point I ran with the "it won't happen to me" mentality.

(07-08-2012 04:03 PM)Moderate Wrote:  It'd be like your pharmacist importing cocaine, cutting it, and then selling it to you...it's still illegal.
critter631
Team 7 ETF

I run with the "too hell with my teeth and your tax dollars will buy me new ones" mentality.Wink

SEMPER PRIMUS
Team 7

(08-27-2011 12:20 PM)Lymbo Wrote:  You'll have to excuse critter, he doesn't understand "parents". They hatched him at Pet.

[Image: breach_tactical.png]
Marshall
Admin / Honey Badgers
Administrators

I think too many are making a fuss on having parents present. If you can't get your parents present have someone who's 18+ willing to vouch for you and come out to game and play. They just need to be responsible for you if they have to drag your hurt ass to the hospital or take you home. So don't just think parents, think older sibling, neighbour, or anyone who's of age I would think. This is of course if that's what the field owners will accept which is what I'm reading into. I could be wrong though.
Funk

(09-12-2011 10:06 AM)Marshall Wrote:  I think too many are making a fuss on having parents present.

The legalspeak is "parent or guardian". Basically someone who is a parent, or has the consent of the parent or the authority of a court to make decisions on behalf of the minor in question.

I think the big thing is that the field owner needs to know for sure that the kid isn't sneaking out to play without permission - that's the kind of thing that could get them in hot water.
arnold869
Warmongers
Age Verifier
Field Owner

(09-12-2011 10:14 AM)Funk Wrote:  
(09-12-2011 10:06 AM)Marshall Wrote:  I think too many are making a fuss on having parents present.

The legalspeak is "parent or guardian". Basically someone who is a parent, or has the consent of the parent or the authority of a court to make decisions on behalf of the minor in question.

I think the big thing is that the field owner needs to know for sure that the kid isn't sneaking out to play without permission - that's the kind of thing that could get them in hot water.

+1

As a field owner I have to follow what my insurance company want's.
Parent or Guardian for underaged players under the age of 16 with signed waviers.

[Image: petawawa%20airsoft%20peace%20by%20fire%2...nger_1.jpg]
Red Devils Airsoft
Red Devil's Airsoft Field
Field Owner

Totally agree with you guys, I meant parent or gaurdian OR , like a few of the lads who have come out, they have some older buddies who can look out for them.

There is one trio of lads who, please forgive me for forgetting the names, who have been coming out and they have a 15 yr old pal that plays.

Cheers, Mark
MartyK2500

I have just changed my vote from yes to other. I had a blast at Petawawa yesterday don't get me wrong, but my other stands for this ; i would prefer to know in advance there will be minors at a game.

I saw a bit of lack of maturity at times, it was definatly good for skrims but it would be less convenient for ops. I even had a small incident that i let go and did not make any issue with it, since i knew it was minors. The same incident done by an adult would have caused a bit of friction and/or anger.

This being said i cannot attend the LZs op saturday, but if they still go ahead for their underaged sunday game, i'll be there.