Poll: Would you play a game with minors present?
Yes
No
Other - Please Post
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Minor Games (Mixed)
Durak
Warmongers

(09-07-2011 02:58 PM)Weasel Wrote:  Some people though are playing airsoft (responsibly) because they are tired of sitting on there ass playing call of duty. This may not be true for everyone (i know its not) but even for a few mature people, it is. Yes it shouldn't be treated like call of duty in the sense of gun safety and other stuff, but a bit of call of duty wont kill the sport. (no three six zeros though Tongue )

Weasel here is a good example of what I'm talking about. His posts are well structured, he does his research before posting, and doesnt ask questions that have been answered 50 times. people like him I would have no problem playing with on the feild.

Its the guys who treat the game like its a video game, the "boom headshot" fuckers that aim for the head when theres a clear body shot are the ones I want to keep out. I've met a few, young and old.

If your going to be a whiny brat on the forums, I can only expect you will be like that in real life. it goes both ways though. If I see that your making well worded posts and have a willingness to learn about the sport so know something about it, I can expect that person to be the same face to face.

If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

One of the most sincere forms of flattery, is when the opposition thinks you are doing so much harm, that they want to blow you up.
critter631
Team 7 ETF

(09-07-2011 03:03 PM)Chef Wrote:  it goes along way to prove oneself on the forums first.

For sure Lots of players show there true colors on the forums before they ever get to a game. And most of those people get weeded out thankfully. And if they dont they tend to act the same at the first game and dont get invited back or blacklisted. But I always give the benifit of the doubt when it comes to the internets since it wont take me long to figure you out in person.

As well I have chat with alot of players before who turned out to be real D bags after a BB or two hit em. Young and old alike.

A prime example of a youth who showed promise was at red devils. I lit one of oldbarns guest up underneath a tree with my sidearm and the poor kid didnt even have sleeves to save him. Sadly he called hit and his partner kept engauging me and he got caught in the cross fire. He came to me after the fire fight outside of the game and told me what happened in a polite manner and i promptly explained myself and apologized. (and then we laughed about the holes in his arm). But the point is he was mature and adult about it when he was clearly hurting and showed alot more guts then alot of players I know and walked up to a guy twice his age and size and called him out on accidental game douchebaggery face to face, he didnt just go and piss and moan behind my back. We need more players like that kid. And he has gotten that way because he was taught right by older players!

SEMPER PRIMUS
Team 7

(08-27-2011 12:20 PM)Lymbo Wrote:  You'll have to excuse critter, he doesn't understand "parents". They hatched him at Pet.

[Image: breach_tactical.png]
scottthemedic

(09-07-2011 03:45 PM)critter631 Wrote:  
(09-07-2011 03:03 PM)Chef Wrote:  it goes along way to prove oneself on the forums first.
A prime example of a youth who showed promise was at red devils. I lit one of oldbarns guest up underneath a tree with my sidearm and the poor kid didnt even have sleeves to save him. Sadly he called hit and his partner kept engauging me and he got caught in the cross fire. He came to me after the fire fight outside of the game and told me what happened in a polite manner and i promptly explained myself and apologized. (and then we laughed about the holes in his arm). But the point is he was mature and adult about it when he was clearly hurting and showed alot more guts then alot of players I know and walked up to a guy twice his age and size and called him out on accidental game douchebaggery face to face, he didnt just go and piss and moan behind my back. We need more players like that kid. And he has gotten that way because he was taught right by older players!

+1 The minors I've run into on the field are 100x more mature than the minors I run into on the Internets.

I wonder what causes this phenomenon?

-Scott
[Medic|Photographer|All-around-awesome-guy]
Current - M4 R.I.S.
Previous - M3 Shotgun (R.I.P.!), MP7, G23, M92TM, SR-16 CQB, M4A1, MP5A4
Weasel

Smart parents caused that. i dont mean to toot my own horn but that same thing has happened to me and i did pretty much the same thing (i had sleeves) my parents always tell me LISTEN TO THE OTHER PLAYERS THEY ARE BETTER THAN YOU AND IF YOU DONT KNOW IF YOU GOT HIT CALL IT ANYWAY. a smart parent will know the rules and inform there kid before they have to get informed by a disgruntled airsofter.

Evan

Don't feel bad. A lot of people have no talent.
Chef
Posting Freak

Testtube please post why you voted Other.

(07-08-2012 04:03 PM)Moderate Wrote:  It'd be like your pharmacist importing cocaine, cutting it, and then selling it to you...it's still illegal.
Lymbo
Critter for El Presidente
Age Verifier

A couple of months ago, I would have voted "other".

I voted "yes" because, having played at the Red Devils field, I have played in games with minors. I think a lot depends on the minor themselves, but a lot also depends on the field owner. Barnz runs a tight ship and puts on a good show, and so far it hasn't been an issue. I think if the owners were to talk to each other, share information and ideas on their successes, the streak could be continued at other fields.

Obviously I'm not a field owner so I'm not trying to say this is what has to happen by any means, just an idea and my experiences.

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
Red Devils Airsoft
Red Devil's Airsoft Field
Field Owner

Hi folks,

I have been following all of the threads with interest(while scratching a dozen bites from yet another wasp ambush! They jumped me as I was retreiving my hat and goggles I left during the last attack two weeks ago).

Having seen way too much carnage in 30 years as a city firefighter, the last thing I want to see is anyone get hurt on my field. Its a pretty simple formula that starts with having fun and respecting each other's safety at all times. If we all strive for that goal then everyone goes home with a smile AND we build a responsible airsoft community from the ground up. At this point in time I think you all agree that we have had alot of fun including all ages.

Having a parent there with an under 18 player ensures their safe guidance and gives the parent or gaurdian a chance to see first hand how far we all go to ensure everyone's safety. Word of mouth takes care of the rest.

BTW, Anyone who wants to suggest a game or two for monday please come forward, Im open to ideas as there are a few more trails open for the truck.....Now I am off to get my molotov cocktails ready for the wasps, those little buggers!

Barnz out.
Kross
ASO / Airsoft Central Rep

I said yes. I have played with minors before and i had a blast! They sometimes look up to you and it is easy to correct them if they do something wrong and they have someone to ask questions to if they need help or just some simple advice from time to time. Parents should be involved as this is a hobby that will costs them money and they should be informed on how airsoft works.

Having underage games are great and can create lots of fun for both. If a parent lets his child play, great as long as he signs the forms he should be good to go. What i have said before, if minors play put him with an older player and have the minor play as a fire team partner during the game then switch if needed after the game, at least they get a chance to observe the more experienced player and maybe take some pointers from other players and they are somewhat supervised the whole time, they can learn something and have fun all the same

not sure if i made any sense, but i think this is a good way they can learn the rules, the way it should be played and how to play responsibly and how to have fun.

I vote yes.

CFB Petawawa
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2011 10:04 PM by Kross.)
BARKER

I have voted for other because it depends on the individual. If the individual is mature and plays fair I don't see why they can't play. Last thing everyone needs playing airsoft is someone complaining and cheating just for a small advantage in the game. Of course I do agree that underage players should have their parents support and if anything at least have their parents sign a wavier form before the game for legal purposes. As long as they are honest and not trying to injury others (Example HEADSHOTS) then why not let them play. It seems to come down the maturity in the end and trying their best to learn the game of airsoft and have fun.

Even though I haven't been out to any games yet and coming to my first game on Saturday it's hard for me to quote yes or no for underage players. The points I made above is why i put other. I do agree that all you have good points and hope to learn as much as possible for myself. Can't wait to meet all you guys.
Testtube
Admin
OVA Elected Staff
Age Verifier

Sorry chef I got busy @ work.

my other is I will play with minors aslong as a parent or gardien is present for the duration of the game.
I do not want to have to babysit a minor and incase there is an emergency with the said minor @ the feild atleast the parent will be there to accompany the said minor to the hospital.
Chef
Posting Freak

That's an interesting comment Jean.

Does the parent need to be present through out the game?

(07-08-2012 04:03 PM)Moderate Wrote:  It'd be like your pharmacist importing cocaine, cutting it, and then selling it to you...it's still illegal.
critter631
Team 7 ETF

I think it should be like any sporting event. The parent doesnt need to be there the whole time. But does need to be within quick contact to come retrieve the kid. I grew up playing football all over alberta my parents werent always there but If there was an issue they could always be called to come pick me up. Same goes with tons of kids all over the country in a wide variety of sports. All games have safe areas and staging zones, If a problem arises or the minor doesnt want to play they can contact the parent for pickup and wait in the safe area.

SEMPER PRIMUS
Team 7

(08-27-2011 12:20 PM)Lymbo Wrote:  You'll have to excuse critter, he doesn't understand "parents". They hatched him at Pet.

[Image: breach_tactical.png]
Testtube
Admin
OVA Elected Staff
Age Verifier

chef I would say yes or in the vacinity lets say if were playing in pet and the minor is from ottawa and he gets hurt and his or hers parents don't drive how are they going to get to the pembrok hospital for there kid
scottthemedic

(09-08-2011 09:53 AM)tesTTube Wrote:  Sorry chef I got busy @ work.

my other is I will play with minors aslong as a parent or gardien is present for the duration of the game.
I do not want to have to babysit a minor and incase there is an emergency with the said minor @ the feild atleast the parent will be there to accompany the said minor to the hospital.

Just so you're aware, Paramedics have the authority to act as an underage patient's "guardian" temporarily on the way to the hospital, if no parent/guardian is present.

I'll look up the specifics to make sure I'm not making any mistakes before I post, though. (The laws are written in a complicated way. I've got my notes around here somewhere.)

EDIT: That brings up an important point though... in case of a real serious injury, Airsofters should carry a small paper with quick summary of any medical conditions, medications, allergies, with I.C.E. information, somewhere on their person. Maybe we could make a form people could print & fill out & fold up and keep on them in a ziplock bag or something? It'd certainly make everyone's lives less stressful in the case of an emergency.

-Scott
[Medic|Photographer|All-around-awesome-guy]
Current - M4 R.I.S.
Previous - M3 Shotgun (R.I.P.!), MP7, G23, M92TM, SR-16 CQB, M4A1, MP5A4
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2011 04:12 PM by scottthemedic.)
Red Devils Airsoft
Red Devil's Airsoft Field
Field Owner

Folks, FYI, on my field any minor, under 18, will have a parent or gaurdian present, with wheels, for the duration of the event. I have already had one such incident where a minor blew out their knee in the opening game, 10 minutes in, and had to wait 2 hours for Dad to come get him.

Cheers, Sgt.Oldbarn