Operation "Bio-Hazard" | LZ Ottawa & Petawawa Airsoft | 29 Oct 2011
arnold869
Warmongers
Age Verifier
Field Owner

Rule modifed
- A double tap with a melee weapon will kill a zombie (simulate cuting their head off, for realizim).

[Image: meleeweaponspoll.png]

The approved melee weapons are:
- Cold Steel rubber training kinves,
- Nerf and Larp weapons.

But...

To control the use of Swords and long reach Melee weapons we are limiting the numbers of use to 25. Also, there may be nerf melee weapons to be found on the field during the game...

First 25 survivors to pm/ e-mail me their request for a long reach Melee weapon, gets the to use them. if everyone comes with a sword, it will make a very boring and long game.

[Image: petawawa%20airsoft%20peace%20by%20fire%2...nger_1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2011 07:45 AM by arnold869.)
arnold869
Warmongers
Age Verifier
Field Owner

Updated

abbadon
I'm Air force, But... I play Army

i am bringing a fork and knife, all your brain are mine mmmmmm brains

Semper Gumby
Always flexible
Professor

I will gladly switch over to the Cultists to fill out the ranks
arnold869
Warmongers
Age Verifier
Field Owner

(04-13-2011 11:44 PM)Professor Wrote:  I will gladly switch over to the Cultists to fill out the ranks
NP,
Switch yourself over, we now have a self sign-up system.

Cokeman

I have a few questions about game play:

1. How does a zombie kill a human?

2. Is there a minimum engagement distance for shooting zombies?

3. Melee weapons - I'm assuming this means rubber knives, pitchforks, axes (Nerf battle axes). I'm assuming that we are expected to show restraint when using these on the zombies (or other players). So, how do we use these weapons to kill a human - what about a zombie?

4. How do you kill a zombie? Is there anyway to kill a zombie permantly (in the movie, you had to shoot them in the head or cut their head off)?

5. What happens to the zombie when it is shot or struck with a melee weapon?

5. So, once you turn into a zombie, you will have to play as a zombie for the rest of the night/game?

6. Will Zombies be allowed to talk to each other (discretely of course) to formulate a "Plan"?

7. What happens to a human if they are shot or struck with a melee weapon?

8. Are survivors allowed to use civilian GMRS radios (i.e. motorola or cobra radios a survivor would loot from Canadian Tire/Walmart)?

Thats all the questions that I can think of for now.
Duke
Tear Collector
Administrators

Check out http://airsoft-events.ca/story-line.php

It should have the answers to most of your questions.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." - John 15:13
Professor

My mighty mace shall return those poor undead souls to the maker

Fear my Mighty Mace!
Cokeman

(04-14-2011 11:27 PM)Cokeman Wrote:  I have a few questions about game play:

1. How does a zombie kill a human?

2. Is there a minimum engagement distance for shooting zombies?

3. Melee weapons - I'm assuming this means rubber knives, pitchforks, axes (Nerf battle axes). I'm assuming that we are expected to show restraint when using these on the zombies (or other players). So, how do we use these weapons to kill a human - what about a zombie?

4. How do you kill a zombie? Is there anyway to kill a zombie permantly (in the movie, you had to shoot them in the head or cut their head off)?

5. What happens to the zombie when it is shot or struck with a melee weapon?

5. So, once you turn into a zombie, you will have to play as a zombie for the rest of the night/game?

6. Will Zombies be allowed to talk to each other (discretely of course) to formulate a "Plan"?

7. What happens to a human if they are shot or struck with a melee weapon?

8. Are survivors allowed to use civilian GMRS radios (i.e. motorola or cobra radios a survivor would loot from Canadian Tire/Walmart)?

Thats all the questions that I can think of for now.

(04-14-2011 11:49 PM)Duke Wrote:  Check out http://airsoft-events.ca/story-line.php

It should have the answers to most of your questions.

Thanks, that post was very helpful. There are still a few questions that it didn't answer:
  1. Is there a minimum engagement distance for shooting zombies?
  2. How do you use a melee weapon to kill a human and a zombie?
  3. Will Zombies be allowed to talk to each other (discretely of course) to formulate a "Plan"?
  4. Are survivors allowed to use civilian GMRS radios (i.e. motorola or cobra radios a survivor would loot from Canadian Tire/Walmart)?

Copcarman
The Hammer aKa Cobraman

I can answer #4 with certainty:

only equipped with a flashlight, red glow stick, pistol or shotgun (with only 20 rounds starting) it is up to you to find more, how you find more is up to you.

HEY! What happens in the field, Stays in the field! - Tinman
I pay for it through misery - Chef
Lymbo
Critter for El Presidente
Age Verifier

(04-15-2011 01:41 AM)Copcarman Wrote:  I can answer #4 with certainty:

only equipped with a flashlight, red glow stick, pistol or shotgun (with only 20 rounds starting) it is up to you to find more, how you find more is up to you.

Can I find more in the trunk of my car? Wink

Sounds like it's going to be an awesome game.

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
Duke
Tear Collector
Administrators

(04-15-2011 01:36 AM)Cokeman Wrote:  Thanks, that post was very helpful. There are still a few questions that it didn't answer:
  1. Is there a minimum engagement distance for shooting zombies?
  2. How do you use a melee weapon to kill a human and a zombie?
  3. Will Zombies be allowed to talk to each other (discretely of course) to formulate a "Plan"?
  4. Are survivors allowed to use civilian GMRS radios (i.e. motorola or cobra radios a survivor would loot from Canadian Tire/Walmart)?

I think I'll have to let arnold answer the majority of the questions, but I can speculate on #1.

I would suspect that if a zombie is close enough to you that you're worried about minimum engagement, you'll be shooting once and running, not shooting them hundreds of times. Plus, you have limited ammunition, and are mostly limited as a survivor to low-velocity weapons.

Arnie, what was the final word on people with their own GBBs or springer shotguns? Would those be permitted for survivors?

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." - John 15:13
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2011 06:34 PM by Duke.)
abbadon
I'm Air force, But... I play Army

Hey as a zombie, i accept that i may eat a burst in the heat of it. But i would not be upset if you did the 1 shot and run like a b..ch lol j/k.

Semper Gumby
Always flexible
Duke
Tear Collector
Administrators

(04-15-2011 12:57 PM)abbadon Wrote:  Hey as a zombie, i accept that i may eat a burst in the heat of it. But i would not be upset if you did the 1 shot and run like a b..ch lol j/k.

Haha. My point was with most of the players using springers, there won't be much burst action. IIRC it is just the starting alliance members with AEGs. Even still, their ammunition is somewhat limited.

Copcarman
The Hammer aKa Cobraman

20 rounds doesn't kill you many zombies when you're panicking Tongue

HEY! What happens in the field, Stays in the field! - Tinman
I pay for it through misery - Chef